Iced Lemon With Tea
Here is a quick and easy recipe that I use to make a Iced Lemon With Tea when I at home. It not only tastes cool and refreshing, but also cuts out extra calories. I rely on this beverage during the hot days of summer, but also enjoy it year-round. This is also gestational diabetes friendly recipe.
- 2 large lemons
- ½ Raw Honey
- 2 cups fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 6 black tea bags
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove bright yellow peel from lemons.
- Combine lemon peel and Raw Honey in a medium saucepan with ½ cup water and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Lower heat and simmer 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in mint.
- Cool to room temperature; strain.
- Steep the tea bags in 4 cups of boiling water, covered, for 5 minutes. Then remove tea bags.
- Stir in syrup, lemon juice, 4 cups cold water, and ice cubes.
- Serve in tall glasses filled with ice and a few mint leaves.